Preppy Brands for the Non-Prep

I think there is a huge misconception that only preppy people can shop at certain stores – and I’m here to change that! So many bloggers are providing posts on finding preppy pieces at non-preppy stores, and I want to do the opposite and look for the more edgy, casual things at preppy brands.

I’ve applied my outlook to a multitude of “preppy” brands: C Wonder, Jonathan Adler, Sperry, Jack Rodgers, and Lilly Pulitzer. I chose not to include Vineyard Vines because I truthfully couldn’t find items (at this point in time) that I thought fit this theme very well!!

The great thing about this post that is if you are not preppy, you will (hopefully) like these items, and if you are preppy, you will probably still like these items!

Preppy Brands for the Non-Prep

Graphic created by me at polyvore.com!

My non preppy girls – does this inspire you to check out some new stores? And of course, for the prep-lovers, are you still into these items? And let me know what you think about this whole concept!

xo, Jamie

P.S. I think you can tell that in terms of shoes, I believe that choosing black is a definite way to utilize preppy brands in a more “edgy” way.

This entry was posted in Fashion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Preppy Brands for the Non-Prep

1. April says:

I love this post!! My personal style is probably more preppy than not and I would totally wear all of those things, but I can see how someone who has an edgier style would like them too. Very clever post idea!!! I love your blog!

• The Fashion Newcomer says:

Thank you so much April!! I’m glad you would still wear these things as a preppy person :)
      xoxo J

2. Carrie says:

Amazing post Jamie! I think you did a great job at merging preppy and not so preppy. I love all these items and I am sure MANY people will. You are awesome!

xo Carrie

• The Fashion Newcomer says:

Aw thanks Carrie! I really appreciate this. If you know any non-preppy people, send them my way!
      xoxo, Jamie

3. Neidelyn says:

I love this! That black wrap dress is so cute & Jack Rogers look so much more edgier when they are black & matte. You should continue this series! xo

• The Fashion Newcomer says:

Thanks neidelyn! I will definitely continue the series! Let me know if you find anything that could be include. xoxo

4. Paige says:

I love this post! My style is not preppy at all but some of my favorite clothes are from preppy stores; preppy stores are a great place to buy basics like black dresses because they fit really well and are generally really high quality! I also love the cuff bracelet!