I think I speak for lots of bloggers when I say that when we sit down to write a post, sometimes it doesn’t go quite as planned. In my specific case, I abandon my posts and move onto the next idea in order to simply just publish something that isn’t going to end up uninteresting and flat. Today, I’ve decided to look into my drafts and share some of the things I was going to post.. and well, never did. (One last thing: I got the title name idea from Ben & Jerry’s! In Vermont, they have a graveyard for flavors that didn’t quite work out)
- Behind the Blog / Excerpt: Do you ever wonder where people sit down and work on their blogs? Some might just set up a make shift desk on their beds, others plop down into a Starbucks, but I have a desk at home
…I’m really not sure where I was going with this. I think I wanted to show you guys my desk, but really, I never blog from there…. (see above… blogging from outside!)
- The Liebster Award / Excerpt: Sweet or salty? Am I allowed to say both? Is that cheating? My two favorite sweet & salty combinations are Popcorn & Buncha Crunch and Pretzels & M&Ms.
….I am very thankful that I was nominated for this but I just could not bring myself to do the post… I didn’t think you guys would really get much out of it, and honestly, when I read it back it was so boring! I do want you guys to get to know me better, but I’m not quite sure this is the way. But I really do love Popcorn and Buncha Crunch (try it, then thank me later)
- Pseudo Hipster Musical Festival Fashion / Excerpt: It seems that musical festival fashion is its own realm and I don’t even know how to scrape the surface. I figured I’d cover a different topic: the rise of Urban Outfitters and it’s attempt at being a one stop shop for musical festival fashion. Personally, I think this is bogus, given that crop tops you could make at home are $50 and simple maxi dresses are $150.
…This first started out as something I wanted to post when Coachella was happening, and then I never finished it. Then, I tried to re-adapt and basically… it went nowhere and I was being a total hypocrite because I do shop at Urban Outfitters and if I was going to buy hipster clothing, I’d buy it there.
- 3 Years of the Fashion Newcomer / Excerpt: I seriously cannot believe I have had this blog for 3 Years!! Absolutely crazy. Thanks to all who have stuck with me this whole time – I appreciate it more than you know!
…this is funny because this blog was started in 2012, which meant that it was my 2 year anniversary not my 3 year! Glad I never posted it because that would’ve been very embarrassing… but on that note, I never did acknowledge that this blog has been in existence for 2+ years and I am so thankful to everyone for reading and commenting!
- No Title / Excerpt: I just read an article on The Cut called In Defense of Disgusting Gym Clothes, and when I scrolled down, I saw that there were 50 comments. I decided I would quickly look at them to see what people thought on this topic – and I couldn’t believe how heated and obsessed people got with over GYM CLOTHES
…don’t know where I was going with this one. I think I was going to defend more expensive brands like Lululemon because they can give people the confidence they need to go to the gym. And people shouldn’t be worried about how other people are spending their money!
As you can see, some of my post ideas seem to go nowhere! But I think that is one of the best parts of being a blogger, because I can really explore my creativity and see how it works to publish great content for you all!
Do you have any posts that end up lying in your drafts folder? I want to hear about them!