Here we go! Week two of Project Runway. Currently watching and blogging at the same time (as opposed to last week where I watched and then blogged after!) so this will be somewhat of a stream of consciousness post. As I said in my last post, the unconventional challenges are always my favorite so I’m thrilled to see what’s in store!
- I was wondering why they were sitting in groups… it all makes sense!
- Teams and unconventional materials in the second week is pure torture but I love it.
- I literally could never be on the show because working with people on an unconventional challenge to create three cohesive looks would be so frustrating (well that, and I also can’t sew.)
- I totally agree with Amanda in that when the judges see someone using something similar to fabric, they automatically dismiss it.
- Watching Angela is a little painful – I feel so bad for her but part of this competition is just having the guts to boldly go for your dreams!
- I feel so bad for Carrie and Hernan because Sandyha seems so disconnected! (Note: Reading this back now before publishing and I can’t believe I felt bad for them. After they bad mouthed everyone else in front of the judges, I’m glad at least one of them went home.)
- Those CDs that Sam used were awesome.
- Is it bad that as I’m watching I don’t remember Kristine from last week at all?
Here are my general thoughts for each team:
Sam, Alexander, Emily: Like I said above, I loved Sam’s look. Her manipulation of the CDs was so incredibly fun.
Angela, Fade, Sean: Angela got so lucky this week that her teammates held her up! She has to stop playing the “woe is me” card because it won’t work for much longer.
Char, Kini, Mitchell: Love them all!! I know everyone else said it was too “80s prom” but I thought it was really unique and well executed.
Losing Team – Carrie, Sandhya, Hernan: They all look the same. However, for some reason I liked Hernan’s the best. I can’t believe Hernan and Carrie were talking back to the judges – it’s not like the judges would change their mind by them bashing the winning team! I’m actually kind of surprised that the judges didn’t eliminate both Carrie and Hernan.
Winning Team – Kristine, Korina, Amanda: I can’t decide if I like these looks. If I was a judge, I don’t think I would’ve picked this team to win. I guess I can kind of see where the judges were coming from, given that all of the looks go together but aren’t exactly alike and the green and black go nicely together. Plus using the letters was very unique. I liked Amanda’s a lot because she used various materials, but thought the other two were a little sloppy.
What did you think of this week’s episode?