Hi guys! So I realized that you all know me in terms of my fashion preferences, but you don’t know much about my life. So I’ve compiled a few random facts that I thought you guys might find interesting…
1. I have not seen Frozen. At this point, I’m thinking I should see how long I can go without seeing it… (if anyone else has not seen it please tell me, my friends seem to think I am the only one left)
2. I love Broadway Shows. I’ve seen a lot because my family loves checking out what’s new, and we live pretty close to NYC! Anyone visiting New York should totally go check out the Broadway scene, there are typically deals online and if you act fast, you can score cheaper tickets before a show hits it big and wins awards! My favorites have been Pippin, First Date, Wicked, Ghost, and Bring it On!
3. Branching off of that slightly, I, like most other fashion bloggers, dream of living in NYC full time at some point in my life.
4. My favorite movie is School of Rock. If you haven’t seen this, stop reading this post and go check it out! Between my brother and I, we know every single line in this movie.
5. I love traveling. Some of my favorite places I’ve traveled to include Maui, London, Beijing, Shanghai (see left), and Jerusalem. On my “travel wishlist” is Amsterdam, Paris, and Rome.
6. I love Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream – Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz is addicting!
7. My blog name was inspired by Tavi Gevinson’s Style Rookie, (which, to be honest, I’ve never read…). My mom had read an article on her blog, and told me about it right as I was beginning to develop my own blog. I brainstormed after that, and eventually came up with “The Fashion Newcomer.”
8. My middle name is Michele, and since my last name starts with an E, my initials (not monogram style) are JME, which is almost my name (just without the a & i!).
9. My favorite accessory is a good handbag (always has been, every since I was very very little!). If I had unlimited funds to spend only on fashion goods, I would spend a good chunk of it on Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Celine bags.
10. When I was in pre-school, my friend was lactose intolerant and couldn’t drink milk, so I also gave up milk. To this day I don’t drink milk or put milk in my cereal! In fact, I really only drink water and coffee (…which I surprisingly do put milk in!). If I’m feeling adventurous, I can tolerate a little bit of lemonade.
I’d love to see other bloggers share facts about themselves, so if you’re a blogger and end up doing something similar, please tweet it to me or link it down below!