Challenge: For Marie Claire’s 20th Anniversary, designers were asked to create a vision of what they think fashion will look like in another 20 years based on how it looked 20 years ago.
Guest Judges: Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire and Amanda De Cadenet, Host of TV Show Undone on Lifetime!
Again, I’m just going to provide so general commentary as the show moves along…
- FINALLY THEY GO TO MOOD! (I’ve been to Mood, and it is just as cool in person as it is on the show)
- What is Sandhya making?? Those tubes?
- I’m excited to see Amanda’s final result. I actually love her commentary because she was on the show before – she definitely does have an added bonus in some areas!
- I love Char’s inspiration/idea.
- Has anyone else noticed in the commentary Fade is wearing these weird mini glasses?
- Alexander’s first look seemed cool in theory – it’s too bad it didn’t work out. I feel so bad he has to start over right away.
- Sigh. Angela. I think the other contestants don’t like her, but I’m sure she has potential somewhere in her – she just needs to push herself!! But I think her look could be confused as a chic flight attendant uniform.
- Loving Kristine’s look and Emily’s look! In past challenges I never thought they stood out, but here I’m loving their work!
Favorites: Kristine (absolutely fabulous!), Mitchell (unexpectedly very cool), Amanda (weird, but I actually like it…I’m surprised that the judges didn’t, given the latest picks they have chosen to win), Emily (so so so cool. Love how she added that necklace too), Samantha (very sophisticated and structured, a fun look), and Kini (so dark and grunge!)
…okay so I had a lot of favorites! But these designers knocked it out of the park this challenge. I think being able to work solo and choosing their own fabric definitely gave the designers what they needed to succeed!
Bottom three: Sean, Alexander, Angela
Top three: Sandhya, Kristine, Emily
Winner: Sandhya (WHAT?! I don’t understand this pick at all. HER LOOK WAS SO BIZARRE.) I thought for sure Kristine would win. I feel that if Michael Kors was still here he wouldn’t have been on board with Sandhya as the winner (but maybe that’s just because I miss Michael Kors, and I don’t like this look at all).
Going home: Angela (I think this makes sense – although she has potential, I think this show was too much for her and she wasn’t developed enough as a designer to flourish.)
Note: I feel like Char has been consistently doing well but has never won a challenge – I think she is someone to watch out for, because even if she is just “safe” every week, that could take her far!!
*all photos are from here