A huge thanks to Carrie for nominating me for the Bloggers with Class Award! This award is part of the Bloggers with Class Community on Google+, which is a fun way for bloggers to connect with one another! I really appreciate the nomination and I am excited to do yet another post (see previous) for you all on a little bit more about me outside of the blog world.
Carrie is such a fabulous blogger – she has a ton of weekly posts that are inspirational and always positive. Plus, her style is great – I love this outfit! Both Carrie and I write for Smart Girls Group Smart Mail, and we connected through our blogs and have started chatting. It’s so cool, because we have become blogger friends despite living far away from one another! Carrie and I are actually collaborating on a fun outfit post for Back to School later this week, so stay tuned for that. I’m so excited for you all to see the post!!
- If tagged, please copy the rules into your post
- Please also link back to this post on Classy Cathleen
- Recognize the blogger that tagged you (share a little about them and their blog, and link back to them)
- Answer the questions that are a part of the award
- Tag 5 bloggers that you feel are classy to receive the award as well
- Let the bloggers know that they have been tagged!
- Be sure to include the link to the Bloggers With Class community (And don’t forget to join!)
- Include the image in your post
Q: What do you think it means to be classy?
A: I think it means keeping your cool and putting forth your best self. It takes a lot to be the bigger person, so I definitely think that factors into the idea of being classy.
Q: Who are some of your role models?
A: My parents are my biggest role models. In addition, Mindy Kaling is one of my role models! After reading her book, I learned so much about her and her journey to becoming so successful. She faced so many obstacles and was able to overcome them all and still remain the funny, charismatic, stylish woman we know today! (…does anyone else watch the Mindy Project? I’m so excited for it to come back on September 16!)
Q: Who are some of your style icons?
A: This question always catches me off guard – I feel like as a fashion blogger I should have an answer, but I never do! I think I always just like bits and pieces of everyone’s style – I wouldn’t say that I could consistently like the outfits someone puts together everyday. (I know this is a boring answer – but it’s the truth!)
Q: Pearls or bows?
A: Pearls. However, I feel that I always need a formal occasion to wear them (maybe because my style just isn’t preppy enough to pull them off on a daily basis?).
Q: Who/What inspires you?
A: This is kind of cliché, but New York City really inspires me. The city has endless opportunities and so many unique things! I’ll go on twitter or instagram and see all these new restaurants or shops or shows that look so cool – and of course they are located in NYC! I can’t wait until I can live there full-time and see the city from even more of an insider perspective. I’ve always wanted to fully immerse myself in the city, and I am excited to know that one day that might become a reality!
Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Purple. Although I’ve grown out of it a little bit, I still love it.
Q: Do you like the classy style? What are some of your favorite pieces/trends of the style?
A: In my mind, classy is always associated with preppy, and I am certainly not that preppy in what I wear. That being said, classy doesn’t always have to go with preppy! When people wear clothes that truly fit them and make them feel good – I think that is a good way of determining “classy style.”
Q: What are some of your favorite quotes?
A: 1. “The biggest risk in life is taking no risks at all.”
2. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
3. “Stick it to man.” – Jack Black, School of Rock
Q: Why is it important to have class?
A: It’s important to have class so that people will give you the attention and respect you deserve. Class can be associated with acting politely – I would prefer to say that it should be associated with the Golden Rule (treat others the way you would want to be treated).
Q: Why did you start your blog? When did you start your blog?
A: I started my blog on March 11, 2012! The Fashion Newcomer was a way for me to combine my two favorite hobbies: writing and fashion. There’s no “fashion” club at my school and although I am on the school newspaper, I knew I wanted something to connect the two even more, especially since I wasn’t doing too much writing on the newspaper (at the time). I also thought I had a lot of ideas for posts that would be helpful to girls everywhere – so I got to writing!
And I tag…
- Laura of Insanely Plain & Plainly Insane
- Kadasia of Life’s Little Bits of Happiness
- Adalia of Seabreeze & Styling
- Maggie of Maggie Royce
- Ellen of Ellen Borza
Thanks for reading!