Challenge: Design a red carpet dress for Heidi Klum to wear to the Creative Arts Emmys Awards show.
Guest Judge: Olympic Gold Medalist Lindsey Vonn (I thought they totally just dismissed all of her opinion’s, but it was still nice to have someone different make an appearance)
Before the Runway show:
- First of all – I’m a little annoyed at how the timeline of this show has played out – it was all over the media who won the challenge beginning a few days ago! However, I guess this was the only way it could pan out well so no one knew what Heidi would be wearing in advance (Later note: I think the double elimination at the end was put in as a shocker to add more weight to the episode given that loyal viewers would’ve already seen all over social media that Sean won)
- Could not agree with Tim more in that Mood makes or breaks the challenge
- Honestly Heidi is really scary – she’s actually so mean to them! (Later note: I’m so glad she gave them the opportunity to go back to Mood!)
- Again, I feel that Korina tries to make it seem all about her – Kristine is in the same position but is trying to keep a brave face!
- Also – why is Korina bashing all of the dresses Heidi has wore in the past? That’s not going to help anything!
- Totally agree with Sean – why would Korina go back to Mood and buy the same color green that Heidi hated?
The issue with this challenge is that it is basically only comes down to Heidi’s opinion. The other judges obviously get a say, but they won’t be the ones who have to wear the garment.
During Runway show:
- Char’s dress looks like a Prom gown, but at least it is still well made
- Emily’s dress is very cool, but to me it’s just not red carpet
- Mitchell’s look: Yikes
- I love Fade’s look! Very cool, and it has great movement
- Alexander’s is cool, but I don’t think Heidi would wear it
- Sandhya’s looks amazing – the model looked uncomfortable wearing it though
- Kristine’s look is so bad
- I love Kini’s – but the necklace was unnecessary
- I can now totally see why Sean won – the movement is fabulous and I love the ombre fringe
Winner: Sean – his look was very edgy and definitely made for Heidi.
Going Home: Mitchell. And Kristine!! I did not see that Double Elimination coming. I thought they saw Kristine had potential and that they would save her, but I was so wrong!
At this point I feel there are still a lot of options for who might win – but there are definitely some clear front runners.
What did you think of this episode? And who are you rooting for?