I’ve been starting to chip away at this NYC To-Do List little by little! Although I do have my Newcomer in NYC Posts to keep track of most of my adventures, I did want to check in here and show you guys what I’ve actually gotten to and my reviews. And of course, for what I didn’t get to – stories of my failed attempts or near misses! Always kind of cool to see a behind the scenes look.
Quick key: if a place (/event) is in bold, it means that there’s a story to go with it. If bold and italics, it means I actually accomplished it! If not bolded, it means I haven’t had any run in with it at all, thus it is still an outstanding activity!
Here we go…
- Brunch at Jacks Wife Freda – I’ve walked by a few times, but have not yet had a meal here! Laura and I walked by and attempted to eat there (always a long wait), but ended up at Ruby’s instead which was delicious (I definitely recommend it)!
- Go see a live show at NBC (…preferably SNL but the chances are slim!)
- Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory Tour
- Momofuku Milk Bar – Check! Didn’t love as much as I thought I would, unfortunately. However, that might stem from the fact that I love chocolate flavored things, and most Momofuku items are vanilla or are centered around a vanilla flavoring.
- Rubriosa Tie-Dye Pizza – So. Good. Could not recommend enough!
- See a game at Barclays Center (Islanders are moving there next year!)
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
- Visit Williamsburg
- Check out some of these fun coffee shops…
- Attend a fashion week show (Will be a hard one to complete)
- Get a blow-out at DryBar – Well I mean, as you read here, Laura and I attempted to go to the Dry Bar but couldn’t get an appointment. I would still like to experience the actual Dry Bar, despite the fact that the blow dry trend is slightly overrated… (but tbh, anytime I don’t have to do my own hair is a good day).
- Bergdorfs (of course, browsing only) – Nicole and I went! Read all about that experience here. Even though we didn’t buy anything, I really enjoyed walking through the store and would definitely recommend it!
- Murals in SoHo (the wings, Anna & Karl, etc.) – Went with Laura! Although neither of these murals were there, we still got to see one which was cool.
- Go back to Serendipity (was there once when I was younger!)
- Go back to Chelsea Market (again, been before but want to go again!)
- Gansevoort Market (Dana’s Macarons – there is a MALLOMAC!)
- Barneys New York
- Central Park Boathouse
- Story store
- Tompkins Square Bagels
- Go for Dim Sum again
- Some sort of a food tour (preferably a Dumpling Tour!) – Read here. I went on a Chocolate Tour and it was a ton of fun!
- Big Gay Ice Cream – Visited! I really enjoyed my ice cream and would recommend stopping here at least once.
- Morgenstern’s Creamery – Walked by literally just after I ate Big Gay Ice Cream… oops.
- Ample Hills Creamery (either in Gowanus or when it opens in NYC!) – Saw this when I went to Smorgasburg but the line was SO long so we decided to go elsewhere. Oh well!
- Shop a Sample Sale – Technically I didn’t go – my mom did – but I still have pictures from it and items purchased! Some info on that here.
Total completed: 8 | Total had some sort of run in with: 13
Not great, not terrible. Progress! I’ve also been to some awesome places that weren’t even on this list to begin with, so that’s pretty cool. In addition to what I haven’t finished above, I’d also like to check out:
- Pastrami Queen
- See Hamilton on Broadway
- Eat at The Butcher’s Daughter
- Ice Skating in Central Park or Rockefeller Center (so touristy but I love winter in NYC and would one day love to do this!)
- Outdoor Movie (every summer I hear about this and think it is such a cool idea)
- Go to Dominique Ansel Kitchen Tasting Menu “Event” (long-shot but it sounds like so much fun)
What else should I add to the list? I love hearing your suggestions!