How Does Dermatology Helps With Skin Aging?
When you are aging, your skin is aging too and in the early 40s or 50s, you might as well feel the need to consult a dermatologist for a healthier skin regimen so that your skin doesn’t look soggy or tired all the time. Even though wrinkle creams, eye serums, and a host of other anti-aging skincare products can help you avoid the signs of skin aging, you will still need healthy habits for skincare to retain a younger looking skin altogether.
Here are some antiaging skincare tips:
- Avoid going in the sun directly as the sun rays promote speedy skin aging. The best thing to do is to use a sunscreen. Use a product that offers SPF 30 protection and resistance from the water.
- Wash your face regularly to remove dirt and make sure to use lukewarm water alongside mild cleanser and not soap.
- You should also avoid smoking as that can make your skin dull and dry while taking away the firmness and adding wrinkles
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as they have loads of healthy fats and lean protein.
How does dermatology help you?
When you want to go beyond skincare habits, your dermatologist can help you with the following:
- Laser treatment not just brightens your skin tone, but also stimulates the production of collagen to make pores appear smaller. This takes just 20 minutes and the redness on your skin disappears in a day.
- Botox is still the right way to go for removing wrinkles. The results are more or less immediate and they last for quite a few months.
- Ultherapy is another procedure that you can seek for neck tightening. This is an ultrasound process that stimulates collagen production and tightens the connected tissues. This process also tightens the jawline. Studies have also shown good results for arms and knees.
- Using fillers can be helpful if you have sagging cheeks and hollow eyes
- Laser Genesis is used for the treatment of skin texture and the size of pores while diffusing background redness. This process is safe for all skin types and can be used on tanned skin too.
To learn more about skincare methods and equipment for the prevention of skin aging, you might want to consult with your dermatologist. In this regard, Clinique Anti Aging is one such place where you can expect to get the best aging solutions.