Haute couture is a dress or outfit that has been woven by hand from start to finish. It is made from exclusive fabrics from around the world and is sown by experts. They put a lot of attention into detailing and quality handiwork that can be awfully time-consuming and excruciating.
Owing to the steep price tag, haute couture is mostly worn by celebrities and fashionistas among the elite.
The definition of fashion
Fashion basically means how to style yourself. It could be your clothes, accessories like jewellery, hats, shoes or watches. Fashion is unique to different cultures and that’s what makes it so extraordinarily appealing! Of course, it also has its drawbacks. We live in a superficial world and how you dress goes a long way in reflecting your social and economic status. There are some high end outlets around the world like Prada, Givenchy and Ann Demeulemeester Montreal.
Essentially, fashion is meant to be experimented and fun.
Some tips on how to dress
Fashion doesn’t necessarily have to involve expensive clothes. There are some tricks up our sleeve, no pun intended, which can make you feel like a model walking the ramp. Here are some:
- If you’re planning on just wearing jeans, opt for a white shirt and roll up those sleeves! Keep it simple but jazz it up with high heels and large hoops (or any statement accessory like shades or a chunky watch)
- Take the unconventional route and add a distinctive appeal to your clothes no matter what! For example, wear bright coloured shoes like red with clothes within neutral tones. Wear a messy bun, unbutton your shirt down to the cleavage or wear gothic nail paint.
- If you’re going to be tucking in your shirt, always wear a belt!
- Never over-accessorize! The secret here is less is more! If it’s a dressy top, then your jewellery must be almost inconspicuous. If it’s simple, then danglers does wonders in accentuating your look.
- Certain styles can give an illusion like V-neck dresses makes your torso look longer, black makes you look slimmer and vertical stripes on jumpsuits can make a person appear much taller.
- Accessorize using bold and bright shades. They can make your whole outfit stand out!
- A scarf can significantly change your whole look. It’s classy, elegant and sophisticated. One of the simplest ways to accessorize is to simply throw on a scarf.